SDEIB-SET | ELECTRONIC IGNITOR SET
Electronic ignitor kit comes includes:
- Electronic ignitor (GGEIB)
- Wire (GGERIW)
- Ignitor box (SDIB)
For the Phoenix SDSS and SDB model grills.
**(1) AAA Battery Required**
If you experience an occasional “No-spark-no-light” condition here’s a checklist to troubleshoot the problem.
- WITH GAS OFF, position a mirror in front of the collector box and press ignitor button. Observe the condition of the spark. (Low light conditions are the best for seeing the park.) (See Fig. 1)
- If there’s a good spark, but the grill won’t light, gas may not be flowing to the burner and into the collector box. The gas orifice or the venturi tube may be blocked. (See Fig. 2)
- If a week spark arcs down around the ceramic insulator, the insulator should be cleaned. The insulator has a coating grease or it is wet. Use an old toothbrush to break up the conductive electric path. (See Fig. 3)
If there is no spark in the collector box
- Check the wire connections at the ignitor and electrode under the grill. (See Fig. 4)
- Check spark. Pull the connector wire from the collector box. Bring wire to bottom or top of the control panel, hold about 1/8″ away and operate the ignitor. Check for spark. If there is no spark, first replace the battery. If there still isn’t a spark, replace the electric ignitor. If there is a spark the Electric Ignitor is OK, but the Collector Box/Electrode assembly should be replaced (the ceramic insulator could be cracked). (See Fig. 5)
- Make sure ignitor button module is tight on the control panel. If it is loose, a good ground will not be attained.
Fig. 2 A good spark will spark at the top
Fig. 3 A weak spark will arc down around the ceramic insulator