Cleaning your cast iron burner
A very important thing to consider before cleaning your burner is to understand the functionality of the gas ports. The ports around your burner are manufactured in a uniform shape and spacing. This allows for an even flame around the entire burner. The ports need to be free and clear of debris in order for the burner to function as designed. To keep your burner functioning as designed follow these simple maintenance tips below.
Prior to starting this procedure, turn OFF all of the gas control knobs, shut off the fuel supply, and disconnect the fuel line.
- Make sure to remove anything that is covering your gas grill burners (examples: ceramic briquette trays or heat plates)
- Brush these items off and set off to the side
- Remove burners from the grill by unscrewing the mounting bracket and carefully lifting each burner up and away from the gas valve orifice.
- Use a wire brush or stiff laundry brush to clean the outer surface of each burner to remove food residue and dirt.
- Clean any clogged ports with a stiff wire such as an opened paper clip.
- Use a VTCB, venturi tube cleaner, to clean out your venturi tubes to ensure they are free of any obstructions.
- Inspect each burner for damage (cracks and holes). If any damage is found, discontinue grill usage until you replace the burner.
- Before reinstalling the burners inspect the gas valve orifices for obstructions and the condition of the ignitors.
Spiders and small insects occasionally inhabit or make nests in the burner tubes, obstructing the gas flow. Sometimes this results in a type of fire in and around the gas tubes called “flashback”. To reduce the risk of flashback, the following procedure should be followed at least once a year or when your grill has not been used for an extended period of time.
Mounting the IG49B Collector Box on to a CIMF1 Burner
This is a very straight-forward installation.
Find the pre-drilled screw holes on the front of the CIMF1 Burner (see image below)
Using the two stainless steel screws included with your IG49B Collector Box, attach the collector box to the burner as shown in the picture below.