Some grease and other drippings on the briquettes can add flavor to the cooking experience but you should keep large amounts of grease, food residue and other build-up off of the briquettes and tray. Luckily, the maintenance is pretty simple.
- Flip each individual briquette over
- With regular use of the grill, the residue on the bottom side of the briquettes will burn off
For super dirty briquettes, you can also…
- Turn off the grill and allow the briquettes to cool
- Remove briquettes from the tray and scrub them with a nylon scrub pad or brush to remove grease and food residue
- Rinse the briquettes in clean water and allow them to dry before you return them to the briquette tray/grill