Have you ever had one of those weeks?
Found out last Sunday that our microwave was broke so we ordered a new one on Monday. Tuesday discovered that the refrigerator is on the fritz so we have to order a new refrigerator on Friday. Tonight I come home to make pork chops recipe that I have been really wanting to make and see that the oven will not preheat. ?
Now I need to “grillprovise” to prepare our dinner.
Facing an unusual amount of snow and cold weather for November what’s a good old Midwest girl suppose to do?I fire up the old MHP and let the snow melt off while I figure out how to transform my oven recipe into a recipe I can prepare on our grill. ?
I figure with a little grill knowledge I can turn most any recipe into one I can put on the grill! So, Italian Breaded Pork Chops with a side of Grilled Squash to the rescue….dinner has been saved!
Italian Breaded Pork Chops
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1-1/2 cups Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 Pork Chops
- Preheat grill to 325˚ F (medium-low). Preheat grill with lid down.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and cook until lightly browned. Remove the garlic, reserving for other uses.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the skillet and brown for 5 minutes on each side. You can do this on your stove or on your grill side burner.
- Place the skillet and pork chops on your preheated grill, close the lid and grill for approximately 25 minutes (to an internal temperature of 145˚ F).
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.