The hard cider in this Angry Orchard BBQ Sauce gives it a sweet—with just a hint of tarty—flavor. Goes with just about anything you want to grill.
Angry Orchard Crisp Apple BBQ Sauce
Servings 5 Cups
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 large White Onion, Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 bottles Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 can (28 ounces) Tomato Puree
- 1 Lemon, Zest and Juice
- 2 ounces Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 ounces Ketchup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in heavy-sided pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Add bay leaf, paprika and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Add 1 bottle Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is nearly gone.
- Add 2nd bottle of Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider along with remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour, or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper and chill, or baste over grilled meats